So yeah the weekly slot has definitely gone out the window 🙊😩 sooooooo sorry but my illness/fatigue makes it difficult for me to stick to a deadline. So please, please bare with me 😘.
This blog post is about my coping stratargies for a “night out” or at a “party”.
People often judge me on a night out because I use a wheelchair yet I am able to walk 🙈😂 people really need to be educated about different types of disabilities and that not all are visible I may look “ok” in pictures or be stood up but this is only posing it’s not reality 🙈🙊.
I also want to state that these are my coping strategies and may not help you, but on the other hand they may as every spoonie is different 🤗 please take this into consideration, my word is not gospel 😏.
My top 10 tips to party with pots
- Take a nap this is my numero uno tip for any spoonie as it helps recharge the battery before going out and helps you relax before you party the night away.
- Boost your energy level this is another little trick I usually use however this may not be for everyone as pots is all about the heart rate, but I usually have an energy drink or lucozade to boost me up before a night out. (Naughty I know but it works for me). You may also find dextrose energy tablets may help. Just be careful though!
- Make sure you still take your medication correctly obviously not all tablets are compatible with alcohol so be warned however make sure you aren’t distracted and take your meds as prescribed because we don’t want to be collapsing do we now 😝.
- Take your time getting ready I know the excitement of a night out is wonderful however don’t get over excited and rush as this will tire you out even before you’ve left the house. My biggest love is make up so I make sure I have time to do it to my standard without knocking myslef out for the rest of the night.
- Make sure you’ve eaten something good old trick of lining the stomach although this doesn’t always work for me as I’m a vomiting machine with or without alcohol 🙊🙈 however it helps me often.
- Pace yourself I know this is a hard one trust me 🙈 however if you are going to enjoy a drink or too don’t go over board as this will impact on you more than non spoonies also helps you from getting a killer hangover so soon.
- Use mobility aids when out obviously this isn’t for everyone, but as I am very wobbly before alcohol I use a wheel chair which is the perfect companion for me on a night out to help me last the night 🤗 but you may also use crutches or walking aids for balance.
- Taxi troubles make sure you book a taxi in advance as not all will assist you or have room for your mobility aids.
- Hangover prep! I make sure I have a glass of water by the bed before I get home and drink it before I go to sleep to help hydrate to reduce risk of a hangover, however if this doesn’t work I always make sure I have a trusty berocca on stand by these are a god send to anyone with a hangover spoonie or not!
- Make sure your next day is free even if you don’t have pots syndrome this is a great bonus but us spoonie pals will need a day maybe two to fully recover (sometimes I have a hangover for four days) so bare this in mind when planning nights.
That’s it my top 10 tips of how to party with pots, hope you enjoyed , ask me anything!