Today’s blog is about my new adventure into making my own bath bombs 🛁🙊(as I’m pretty obsessed with them).
I love a good bath bomb but they do become costly if you use them as often as myself 🙈 and as much as I love lush and pretty suds I thought I give it a bash!
This is very cost effective and fun to do, I can’t wait to experiment with more scents and colours.
So my first attempt I’ve named “lavender pie”
Ingredients for my bath bombs:
- Bicarbonate soda -500g £1.50 from Wilko
- Citric acid-250g £1.50 also from Wilko
- Lavender oil-10ml £1.25 also from Wilko
- Coconut oil-£3.99 home bargains
- Food colouring-49p home bargains
- Baking tray to put ingredients in
Step by step instructions (I guesstimate my measurements as I don’t own scales you can google for more accuracy)
- Put equal amounts of bicarb and critic acid in a bowl and mix together (amount depends on how big you mould is)
- In a serperate pouring container mix your wet ingredients of coconut oil (1 /4 of a table spoons) lavender oil (around 5 drops)food colouring to desired shade and 2 table spoon of water.
- Slowly (and I mean slowly!)add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir after each addition till a it become clumpy in consistency almost like making a crumble.
- Pack into baking tray rounds.
- Repeat above to create your coloured layers.
- Wait to dry either put in freezer for 3hrs or wait over night in a cool dry place.
And tah dah you should have yourself some bath bombs (fingers crossed) 🙊
Review and more bath pictures to come hopefully!